Plan your next event on or close to the water in Vancouver, and treat your guests to stunning views
When planning an office function, networking event or client appreciation party, the main goal is to try and find a unique venue, concept, and location for your guests to enjoy time away from the office. If you are planning a trip to Vancouver for a conference or convention, you want your fellow associates to see the best of Vancouver in a short period of time. This is sometimes challenging, as hotel banquet facilities, restaurants or bars are overused as venues for these types of special events. It can be quite difficult to think of new ideas and exciting options for your event or visit.
Vancouver is known as being one of the top destinations worldwide for meetings, conventions, and special functions. It is also known for having some of the most breathtaking scenery in all of Canada, and luckily for some of us, we can call this city home. The downtown core of Vancouver is also home to many top 100 businesses in Canada, and there is a constant need for new and exciting venue ideas for their corporate events and meetings. Most businesses in that caliber look for something luxurious, private, and gravitate to an option that can provide top of the line services to their VIP clients, associates or staff members. Here are some ideas when planning your next event in Vancouver:
1. Plan ahead. Make sure that you start looking into your venue at least 3 months or more before your meeting or event (if you are from out of town) as most of the great event spaces are booked up months in advance. Take advantage of online meeting services from companies like Tourism Vancouver that specialize in providing venue and city information.
2. Take advantage of the surrounding waterways. Downtown Vancouver is central to impressive harbours like the Burrard Inlet, Coal Harbour, the Indian Arm, and English Bay to name a few. Look for a venue that is on, or near the water as corporate employees usually do not have time to sit and enjoy the fabulous views and beautiful shorelines of Vancouver very often, especially the ones from out of town.
3. Decide what style of venue you need- and what services your group requires according to your budget. Do you want a restaurant style venue that provides sit down dinner service? Are you looking for a laid back, casual environment or something with a higher end feel? Do you want to reserve an entire space for your group or are you a smaller group that only needs a small space? Vancouver has many options for small to large groups, including parks, restaurants and charter companies all with different environments for every style of event.
4. Pick your venue according to your event needs and budget. Choose a venue close to the water if you want to stay on dry land. Some options would be to choose a venue with a view like those in English Bay, Coal Harbour, or Granville Island. If you would rather tour around Vancouver from the water, choose a yacht charter company leaving from around your hotel- in Coal Harbour or Granville Island. This is a great option if you have guests that would like to see Vancouver from a new perspective in a short period of time. Charter companies in Vancouver range in terms of service, style and price so make sure that you pick the right one according to your event needs, group size, and budget. From ticket sales to high end private charters, there is one in Vancouver that will suit your event.
5. Leave the details to the pros. Many venues in Vancouver have their own sales staff and Event Planners that work with clients to ensure the best possible services and standards for each event. There are also a variety of corporate event planning companies in Vancouver that can take care of the details for your event- this is especially handy when you are coming from another city. Choosing a company that knows Vancouver and is experienced in providing quality service for higher end clients is always a great option to prevent headaches.
When planning your next company event, or if you are coming to Vancouver from out of town for a conference or convention, provide your guests with a unique venue option that takes advantage of Vancouver’s natural beauty!